Health Impact News
Did you know that nearly 1 in 3* Americans have Thyroid Disease?
And of those people suffering with thyroid disease, almost 60% have no idea why their body is betraying them?
Though thyroid symptoms vary and are often nondescript, they greatly impact people’s ability to feel strong, healthy, and happy.
People who suffer from thyroid disease experience:
- Double and sometimes triple digit weight gain…even while exercising and implementing a strict diet
- Debilitating fatigue
- Hair falling out…sometimes in chunks
- Poor concentration known as “brain fog”
- Chronic pain all over the body
- Mood disturbances like anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- Hormonal imbalances including infertility
- Plus many, other excruciating symptoms
Unfortunately, many thyroid patients are undiagnosed and suffer needlessly, which is what we are trying to prevent through our documentary series, The Thyroid Secret.
The treatments offered by conventional medicine to thyroid patients (i.e. synthetic thyroid hormones, radioactive iodine, thyroid gland removal, etc.) often leave people with recurring symptoms and result in a progressive condition that continues to dominate their lives and leaves them sick, exhausted, depressed and struggling with their weight.
The Thyroid Secret Docuseries will help to raise awareness about thyroid conditions (such as hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, Graves disease, nodules, thyroid cancer, hyperthyroidism and postpartum thyroiditis) as well as the interventions that get to the root cause of their conditions and can help a person recover their health.
We feature a lineup of top thyroid and health experts, including Dr. Izabella Wentz, Dr. Alan Christianson, Dr. Tom O’Bryan, Dr. Datis Kharrazian, Andrea Nakayama, Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Kelly Brogan, Sayer Ji, Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, Dave Asprey + Hashimoto’s Awareness and Thyroid Change charities. Plus numerous patient stories depicting their painful experiences as well as the healing that is possible.
This documentary has innovative, actionable, effective and easy to understand solutions coupled with patient empowerment.
The Thyroid Secret will connect with viewers on a personal, emotional, intellectual and whole person level to show them that recovering their health is within reach if they take action!
The series begins Wednesday March 1st.
*Some people have told us that the statistic of 1 in 3 people affected by thyroid disorders is unbelievable. Actually, this is a conservative estimate. We are discussing various thyroid disorders, including thyroid cancer, postpartum thyroiditis, Graves’ disease, thyroid hormone resistance, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and thyroid nodules in the Thyroid Secret. Hashimoto’s antibodies are present in up to 27% of the population alone, while thyroid nodules affect as many as 50% of our population.
Thyroid disease is truly an epidemic of global proportions and we hope to raise awareness of the incidence and pull back the curtain on innovative treatment options for various types of thyroid disorders in The Thyroid Secret.
- Mazzaferri EL. Managing small thyroid cancers. JAMA. 2006;295:2179–2182 Excerpt: “The prevalence of thyroid nodules on ultrasonography or autopsy data is as high as 50%”
- Kohno T, Tsinetoshi Y, Ishikawa E: Existence of antithyroglobulin IgG in healthy subjects. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988, 155: 224-229. Excerpt: “Up to 27% of healthy individuals have antithyroglobulin antibodies”
- Vanderpump M. The epidemiology of thyroid disease. British Medical Bulletin. 2011;99(1):39-51. doi:10.1093/bmb/ldr030.
- In several early autopsy surveys, up to 50% of patients had thyroid nodules and using ultrasonography between 20 and 76% of women have at least one thyroid nodule.2
- In Germany, an area of relative iodine deficiency, thyroid nodules or goitre were found in 33% of 96 278 working adults aged 18–65 years screened by an ultrasound scan.
- Salabè G. Pathogenesis of thyroid nodules: histological classification?. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2001;55(1):39-53. doi:10.1016/s0753-3322(00)00010-x.
- Staii A, Mirocha S, Todorova-Koteva K, Glinberg S, Jaume J. Hashimoto thyroiditis is more frequent than expected when diagnosed by cytology which uncovers a pre-clinical state. Thyroid Research. 2010;3(1):11. doi:10.1186/1756-6614-3-11.
- Davies T. Pathogenesis of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (chronic autoimmune thyroiditis). Uptodate.com. 2016. Available at: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/pathogenesis-of-hashimotos-thyroiditis-chronic-autoimmune-thyroiditis. Accessed August 30, 2016.
Comment on this article at HealthImpactNews.com.
Medical Kidnapping: A Threat to Every Family in America T-Shirt
100% Pre-shrunk Cotton!
Medical Kidnapping is REAL!
Help spread the awareness of Medical Kidnapping by wearing the Medical Kidnapping t-shirt!
Support the cause against Medical Kidnapping by purchasing our book!
If you know people who are skeptical and cannot believe that medical kidnapping happens in the U.S. today, this is the book for them! Backed with solid references and real life examples, they will not be able to deny the plain evidence before them, and will become better educated on this topic that is destroying the American family.
1 Book - 228 pages
FREE Shipping Available!
Retail: $49.98 (for 2 books)
FREE Shipping Available!
Now: $13.99 (for 2 books)
Also available as eBook:
eBook - Download Immediately!